Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Gettysburg Address Adventure

I have had all of my Christmas break, which is all of December, so memorize the Gettysburg Address. This is really not too much to ask. In one month, a short little speech like this should be easily memorized. Of course I didn't start working on it until right before Christmas. :) I tried walking around while I memorized it, listening to it in song form, and learning to play it in song form, but none of these seemed to help. So I got out my giant dry erase board and started writing it out over and over and over and over. This is how I have successfully memorize the Gettysburg Address. About 99% at least. Today I got bored of writing, so I started to draw out the scene of this major event. This is what I came up with. :)
He is saying "The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here..." Kind of ironic, right? I probably could be done memorizing it in the time it took me to draw that many stick people, but of course I could not have done that. :)

P.S. If you click on the picture, it will get bigger for you.

4 comments:

  1. I've always thought that part was hilariously ironic, too. Love all the stick men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have taken a long time to draw all that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But your hard work paid off! You get to skip two school assignments this week for winning the memorization challenge!!

    ReplyDelete