Thursday, July 13, 2017

The Great Capre

When I get sick, I get bored. This is a common occurrence. Almost guaranteed, actually. Because of this fact, I tend to find unusual ways of amusing myself. This typically happens in the form of writing stories of some sort. This time around, I am watching the cars go down my street and naming them all, as well as coming up with stories for each car. It is time consuming and highly entertaining for those of us stuck in bed. I have decided to share one of my stories with everyone. It is not a random car though. It is my car. :D (This is not the reason my car is named what it is, but it has been fun to imagine a full story behind it.)

The Great Capre

There once was a car named Capre. Capre Reepicheep V. This little car had much to live up to, as he was a simple car in the line of many greats. His namesake, Reepicheep, was a small, but mighty warrior, and little Capre wanted to live up to that. As he was sent out into the scary world of humans, and placed into the hands of someone who may or may not take care of him, Capre was scared. A fledgling in the world of roads and maneuvering through rough terrain, there was a lot to learn. Following commands was by far the hardest task ahead of Capre. When someone said, "turn" he must make his wheels turn in the direction and at the desired speed necessary. It wasn't easy, but Capre was a fast learner and was figuring out how to be the best little car he could be. After much practice, Capre successfully accomplished his goal. To be best Capre Reepicheep ever in existence. He followed all his directions and kept all his parts working at the best possible rate. Although, he has quite the mischievous side. He likes to lock his wheels for no reason and laugh until the random urge hits him to make it work, usually  when the driver has given up all hope. He also likes to make his brights come on when he goes over bumps. All in all, Capre is an amazing little car and loves to drive on backroads with the windows down and crank up the radio. He does not like going over 50 mph on those roads though. A car that loves sightseeing. :) His favourite thing in the world is driving through firefly fields though right as the sun goes down and watching all the fireflies come up and light up the night.

So there is the results of my brain, staring at my car for too long. :)

P.S. The real reason my car is named Capre Reepicheep V is because it is a CRV (shocking, right?). Capre means a great adventure and Reepicheep is one of my favourite characters from the Chronicles of Narnia. He is a great warrior and mighty hero, as well as a little mouse with a very large amount of faith. It makes me think of a great adventure full of exciting twists and turns. :)

1 comment: