Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mrs. Genau

Two weeks ago I heard some of the most devastating news I have been told in a very long time. Mrs. Genau, who had been fighting cancer for several years now, went to join Jesus in Heaven. She was an amazing friend to everyone and her smile would light up a room in a second. I miss her greatly, but know that she is no longer in any pain and is happier than she ever could have imagined being on earth. 

The funeral was a week before yesterday. It was the most beautiful ceremony I have ever been to, not that I have been to many funerals, but this one really stood out to me. Everything was focused on God and his marvelous grace and salvation. I could not think of a better way to honor her memory! 

The morning before Mrs. Genau passed away, I was helping my mom in her preschool Sunday School class. One of the little girls was praying before snack and gave the most heart-wrenching prayer I have ever heard and I am not exaggerating. 

"Dear precious Jesus, I pray for Mrs. Genau. Even though she is going to die, may she live every last minute for you in your love and please give her grace and peace until she is with you in Heaven." 

Did I not tell you? The little girl is five years old and has a heart of gold, obviously. She was able to say this with such sincerity it just broke my heart. 

Thank you, God for Mrs. Genau and her example of following you even in the most difficult of times.

2 comments:

  1. I was really excited to see FIVE new posts of yours.

    I almost cried reading that prayer. Was it Hannah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I want to know too-it's such a sweet prayer, but heart-wrenching, as you said.

      Delete