Monday, December 17, 2012

A little catching up to do

I really don't know what was going on when I last posted, other than I did not finish the Seattle posts. I got to the end of my journal that I kept, so I do not remember the rest of the days that well anymore. I will start with Thanksgiving and go on from there. Actually I will mention that I got contacts the week before Thanksgiving. Izzy did not recognize me and would hide for a while. Then I asked if she was my 'nonkey ninin' (monkey minion) and she got all excited and said "yes Kiki"

Thanksgiving was just me and my family. We made lunch and had way to much Turkey. :) Then I took a nap and the rest of the family just sat around all day. That pretty much sums up my Thanksgiving.

The day after Thanksgiving we put up our Christmas tree. It was Caleb's year to put the angel on the top of the tree. We got out all the boxes and ornaments and made the long endeavor of putting the tree up, We have an artificial tree, so it requires being assembled and  'fluffed'. Fluffing the tree is my least favorite part because your arms get all scraped up. Not much happened the rest of the weekend...or the week for that matter.

That next weekend though was mine and Sharyssa's annual Christmas sleepover. We take turns for whose house it is at, so this year it was my turn. My mom and I picked up Sharyssa and we got our nails done at the mall, then went to lunch at Panda Express (in the mall). We came back to my house and took a walk then worked on 'Held'. Since our brains were dead, we watched a little bit of 'Castle' and then made no-bake cookies. While the no-bake cookies were cooling we looked at wedding type stuff. Then we had a tea party in which we came up with nicknames for each other that we had a long time ago. Sharyssa was Ms. Magnolia Dolittle and I was Ms. Amber Honeysuckle. We exchanged gifts and then went to bed. She got me a music box that plays 'Masquerade' from Phantom of the Opera. I love it a lot!! It was a Saturday so the next day we had to get up and take a shower quickly and get to church.

Thursday that week, was gingerbread cookie day. Isabella was quite happy about this experience. We made two batches and that is about 10 dozen cookies. :) They were for the Christmas tea at church that Saturday though so we could not eat many of them.

As I just mentioned the Christmas tea was Saturday. My family had to be at the church at 11:00 so that everyone else could set up. I drew a Christmas tree on the dry erase board in the fellowship hall and goofed around until everyone else started showing up. Most people did not get there until about and hour before. The tea itself was quite fun. The teenage girls had a table to ourselves, so we were a little goofier than if we had to sit with the adults. We did not get home until almost 7:00 that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment