Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bill Jack and APACHE 2013

Bill Jack is a wonderful speaker and one of the founders of Worldview Academy. Caleb and I planned ahead for meeting him. We listen to Radio Worldview (That's Crazy Talk as Bill Jack likes to call it) and know some of his antics. :) I made signs to heckle him with during his lectures, just for the fun of it. One of them said 'That's Crazy Talk' and the "crazy" was in a strange font and glitter glued in different colors. It was quite...well...crazy. Mom had the idea that we should make posters (8 1/2 x 11 size pages) that said one of the four killer questions that Bill quite likes using. How. Do. You. Know? This is how he says it and it amuses me greatly. I made them the team colors of Worldview Academy (red, green, blue, and yellow) just to add that little bit of Worldview to the mix. We gave him his "That's Crazy Talk" sign after his first lecture, just to let him know what kind of kids we were, which for anyone who does not know, that is mischievous. We waited patiently all day Friday to use our "How. Do. You. Know?" signs. We knew exactly which lecture was best to use them because he was teaching the four killer questions. (If you want to know what those are, leave me a comment and I will be more than happy to tell you!) Unfortunately for us, it was the keynote speech, where everyone attends. :'( We made them small, so hopefully Bill Jack would be the only one to notice, but he started laughing and made us stand up and go to the front of the room to show everyone. It was not pleasant, to say the least. Afterwards, I found it funny, but in the moment I was not too happy about it. We enjoyed teasing him in small ways through the rest of his lectures on Saturday and he enjoyed teasing us back. Overall, it was very enjoyable and worth going and being extremely social for that amount of time. :)


By the way, if you want to know about Worldview Academy or would like to attend, which I highly suggest if you are between the ages of 13 and 18, let me know, and I will give you all of the information. Here is the website www.worldview.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment