Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sweet 16 Surprise!!! (for me!!!!!) Part 1

So I have now done two sweet 16th birthdays for my amazing friends and loved every second of the detailed planning and getting to execute all of this, but this time it was my turn to be on the other side of it all. :)

I knew something was up when a rolling backpack and some other "random" things went missing from my disaster also known as my bedroom. Mom's explanation was that my room ate it all and that it would return once I cleaned my room. I said it must have either teleported or vaporized because my room was clean for a while before it returned.

Yesterday morning Mom told me that we were going to clean her classroom at church, which she had been talking about doing for a while. While I was picking out my outfit for the day, I thought to myself that they would be really smart to do my surprise today, but it did not occur to me that they actually would. :) Mom treated me to chocolate coffee, which she does not do very often and then idled around in the parking lot for a while. Then we went to the church and the back door was unlocked, but this is not terribly unusual because the pastor just uses the back door. In order to keep the back door unlocked, you have to use a little key on the inside too, so I found it strange we did not need the key to get in. I just assumed that Pastor Greene was expecting a visitor or something along those lines. Unsuspectingly, we walked to my mom's classroom. The doors were closed, but there are two small windows in the doors, so I could see a little bit into the room. I saw Rachel and then Sharyssa and thought that Sharyssa had a dance lesson, as Rachel is her teacher. But I was extremely wrong, as it was my surprise birthday party!!! Rebekah, Katherine, Mrs. White, and Mrs. Greene, were all waiting there for me to come in. I was shocked!

We said our hellos and then headed to get our nails done. We all got our nails prettyified. Some got designs, but I liked my nails the way they were. They are purple and sparkly. :) Then we went to Letty Mae's for lunch. One of surrogate grandma's (I have several) came to have tea with us. Lunch was very enjoyable and we were there for quite a while. I got a free cupcake, since it was my birthday, but I shared it with everyone else because I did not really want anything sweet at the time and Sharyssa was scaring me because she said she did not want to eat too much because of what we were doing next.

Well, I guess I should not have said I was entirely wrong about Sharyssa not having a dance lesson, but it was not her having it. It was the rest of us. :) Sharyssa choreographed a song for us. Sneaky as she is, she had already taught everyone the dance, including me. There was one part, my solo, that she did not teach me, because that would have given away the party. Rachel taught me my solo, which was slightly difficult, and we practiced the song as a group. It is to the song "Kokomo Island" by the Beach Boys. Sharyssa and I have made many memories with this song, along with many other Beach Boy's songs, so I think it was the
perfect choice. The basement of the church was really hot, so my mom turned on the air conditioner in her classroom and we had spontaneous break to go and cool off. At one point, another song came on and it was very slow and ballet-ish, so we all danced to that for a while. Mom videotaped us doing the dance for "Kokomo Island" then we all got changed for the next step of the day.

Come back later for the rest of the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment