Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas

I remember being little and waking up at four in the morning to open presents. Now, I don't get up until almost seven. How much things have changed!

Ever since I can remember, Christmas has been the same every year. We wake up, read the Christmas story, open presents, going around the room youngest to oldest until everyone is out of presents, and then opening our stockings. This is my family tradition, and I love it. 

I got a new camera and a shirt from Mom, Dad, and Caleb, a guitar pick holder from Caleb, guitar lessons and a case from my Dad's mom, and money from my grandparents on my mom's side. I also got hand-knit hand warmers, homemade soap and perfume, a hand-spun and knit headband (see picture below), homemade snickerdoodles (YUM!!!), a cat scarf (see picture at end of post), a Wizard of Oz Scanimation book (the pictures move, so it looks kind of like a movie!), and hair chalk. 

The rest of the day was pretty laid back and chill. We played some games, but mostly rested. It was a very good day overall!


1 comment:

  1. I think it's funny that you say that you don't get up 'til seven. I used to get up at seven Christmas morning, but now I don't really get up until... well, this year, 10, I think.

    ReplyDelete