Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Tea 2013

Every year since I was little, my mom would host a Christmas tea party. It started out as a mother-daughter tea, but has now just become a tea party for everyone (except guys of course!).

Saturday was our Christmas tea. We had not set up earlier in the week like we usually do, so there was a lot to be done Saturday morning. I got up pretty early to start making my peppermint cookie bars and straighten my hair. I also had to get together all of my stuff for my table. We left a little later than we wanted to, but got to the church in plenty of time.

Once we arrived, it was time to move the tables around some more, put on table cloths and unpack all of the various things we had to unpack. Someone was cleaning the basement, so I could not set up my table until he finished because my table cloth hit the floor without the chairs under the table. We ate lunch, then set everything else up.

After hanging around for a while, it was time to get changed into my clothes for the tea. I did not want to do this because it was freezing cold in the basement and my dress has no sleeves. I got changed anyways, did my hair and put on my make-up. Then I had to make my sandwiches and arrange the desserts onto trays.

People started showing up a little while after that. My friends came and we had a lovely time! One of my friends even brought be a sweater, so I would not freeze to death. :D We talked, sang some carols, got pictures (which I will post as soon as I can.), listened to a devotional, and had tea, of course!

We cleaned up and it was time to go home. It was a very tiring day, but worth it. Looking forward to doing it again next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment