Sunday, December 1, 2013

Spotlight

Two weeks ago I started Spotlight Youth Theater (SYT) classes. SYT is a Christian theater group all around Illinois and Southern Wisconsin. It used to be a part of Christian Youth Theater (CYT), which is all over the country, but left because they thought they could do more separated. They do three shows a year (fall, winter, and spring) along with a summer show, and in order to be in shows I have to be taking a class that season. This season I am taking Voice 101: Singing in Character. So far I am really enjoying it!!! This is only the second season my county has been open, so not a ton of kids are involved in this area yet. I am the oldest, the next being fourteen, but I do not mind too much. :D My teacher is amazing, and very enjoyable. We have started working on our songs for our showcase at the end of the year. One of them is an acapella medley, but I do not know all of the songs in it yet. We are also singing a couple of show tunes, of which I like very much! Unfortunately I am not doing the show this season because of the distance to performances, but hopefully that will be changed for the next show. :D


P.S. SYT is doing a winter fundraiser that helps out the areas as well as helps pay for kids who cannot afford tickets to go to school day shows. If anyone would like to donate, you can contact me directly or follow this link to donate online. It would be much appreciated!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment