Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend

Some people have big and extravagant traditions on Thanksgiving, but my family does not. We sit around the house, play games, eat "dinner" at lunch, and the leftovers for dinner. We always crock-pot our turkey the night before, so it is ready whenever, and then make mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green bean casserole (my speciality!). That is pretty much how all of our Thanksgivings go.

In the morning, Dad and I played Davy Crockett several times, then just sat around for a while. Caleb and I played a trivia game on the Wii and then it became a family challenge. We all started taking turns playing and seeing who could out-smart who. It was very enjoyable and exciting!!! I only won once, but that is perfectly fine with me. We ate lunch, then watched movies the rest of the afternoon. Dinner consisted of pumpkin pie and Oberweis eggnog.

Around 8pm, I was picked up to go babysit overnight for Bella's family. I played lots of board games with the kids, then put them to bed. This was about 10:30. Little did I know, I still had seven hours to go. I amused myself in many different ways, working on Christmas presents, doing school, listening to my iPod, dancing on their hardwood floors, just about anything to keep me awake. Finally, the parents came home at 5:30 and I got to go home and go to bed. This made a very happy Kiki. :D

Friday consisted of me sleeping....A LOT. Caleb and Dad had gone to the church to help fix it up and take stuff down so people could come in and paint, so it was just me and mom at home. Mom had stayed up all night waiting for me to come home, so we both were exhausted and did not want to do anything.

I accomplished a lot more on Saturday than I did on Friday. I helped do laundry (since the washer was broken for several days, we had a bunch of laundry to do.), I put up Smiley, my light up snowman, and helped Dad decorate the pine tree in our front yard. Decorating the tree was hard and very cold work, but we got the colored lights in there and it looks really cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment