Monday, May 14, 2012

Homeschool Expo and Miracle League

Thursday we went to a homeschool expo about half an hour away. It was REALLY small. There were probably only about 15-20 venders there, if that. Anyone who has been to a convention knows how small that is. There was one vender that had stuffed animals that you could put scent packs into so they smelled good. (The main thing they sold was the little wax melters and wax to go in them.) Okay, so something you have to know about me is I love stuffed lions, elephants, and llamas. I find them extremely cute. So at this specific vender there was a stuffed lion. There was a big one and a little one. I got the little one. All of my stuffed lions have names that start with Sa. I do not know why this is, but it is so. My new baby lion's name is Salahi. It is said like salami, except with an h instead of an m. It means excellent in Swahili.

Saturday was opening day of Miracle League. It is baseball for special needs kids. There is a little boy at our church who is autistic and he asked me to play with him. I basically just keep him focused on the game so he does not get hit and tell him when to run. It was really fun. Other than the fact it was raining on and off the whole game, we both had a really good time.

Quite a while ago, Mom found a pattern for a ballet sweater that I fell in love with. She said she would make it for me eventually. I patiently waited, and it paid off! I now have a blue-ish ballet sweater. I might put a picture of me in it up here later if I think about it. I am not the best at remembering things, if you have not figured this out already.

No comments:

Post a Comment