Wednesday, August 1, 2012

An innocent bike ride

In my last post I mentioned that I talked to a police officer. I figured you would all like to know what that was about. Last Thursday, one of my friends and I went for an innocent bike ride down to a park near my house. While we were putting flowers in our hair, being totally normal, a police officer approached us. We thought at first he did not want us to be picking the flowers, so we pulled our hands off really slowly. When he made it across the field we were in, he pointed to a bike and asked if it was either of ours. Quickly we replied it was not and he left us. A couple minutes later he returned and said there was a mistake and pointed to a dark blue bike on the other side of the park and asked if we rode that one. Calmly, we said yes. Mr. Police officer asked us if he could see the VIN number on the bike because it matched the profile of a bike that was stolen from the area. Very willingly me and my friend went over and flipped the bike. While he was writing down the numbers, another police officer came up to us. This one was quite a bit more threatening than the other one. He had a bullet proof vest, guns, and handcuffs. My friend and I were terrified! Both of us were ready to just give them the bike. Thankfully, the number did not match and the police officers thanked us and left. We decided it was time to go home. :) All the way home we were laughing about us being villains. When we returned to my house we told my mom and she teased us about having flower power. We couldn't stop laughing. That was our encounter with a police officer. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad this event has been documented for people to know and that it won't be forgotten!

    ReplyDelete