Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Isabella and the Mayflower

This week we started watching a 2 year old named Isabella, but we call her Izzy. She is incredibly adorable. I am watching her for my child development class. We also watch her older brother, who is in first grade, for about an hour in the afternoon. His name is Ethan. Yesterday I was practicing my piano while Izzy played with my dolls, and she decided she wanted to play with me. Slowly, little Izzy crawled up into my lap and started playing the piano. At first it was like all little kids play, banging their hands and giggling. Then she watched me for a minute and put her hands on the piano with her fingers curved. She played each key individually, trying to copy the song I was playing. It was so cute! I love my little Izzybella!

Since we don't have Izzy today, Caleb and I had to do a school assignment concerning the Mayflower. We both have to do six hours of our school in a 7 foot by 2 1/2 foot box on the floor. Thankfully, we both have our own little boxes marked out with masking tape. Everything we need had to be in the box when we started. After we had been sitting there a while, Mom told us we had one minute to collect anything else we needed. Now I am at my last 3 minutes and am hoping it beeps soon, because I did not bring enough food. Caleb started 30 minutes after me, so he still has 32 minutes. I now feel for the people in the Mayflower. This has been miserable.

1 comment:

  1. But you survived the perilous passage to the new world :)

    ReplyDelete