Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Another really long post

I am seriously needing new blog titles!! Maybe having a full day and being brain dead is what is making me not be able to come up with anything. :) Today was library day with Izzy, so we took her to story time at the library. Our tradition is that we take a walk on the bike trail right by the library and then take her in for story time. She is not at all a shy child, but at story time she will not leave my lap. Today I convinced her to play with the bubbles without me. I was quite proud of her. :) After we all picked out some books, we left the library and went to feed the local swans. A long time ago I named the Gus and Gertie. They are beautiful and I wish I had pictures of Izzy getting to feed them. Around the swans there is a really tall fence. It is probably five feet tall. Izzy could not get the feed to the birds, being only two, so I put her on my shoulders. She thought this was one of the most fun things she could have done. After that we came home and started lunch. It was going to be quite a while before we ate, so I took Izzy outside to play for a little bit. She asked if we could go for a walk on the trail behind our house and I told her yes. Of course, she does not call walks walks, she calls the flowers because that is the only reason (in her mind) you go for walks; it is to find flowers. I laugh every time she asks if we can go flower. :) She ran up and down and around me finding flowers and announcing it. She also likes hanging off of things, so I let her hang off of a tree for a little while. Izzy quite enjoys that type of thing. Caleb came out after a while and told us lunch was ready. We fed her so lunch and then put her down for nap. Our usual nap routine is I lay her down on the little couch in the living room with her special pillow, blanket, and puppy, then I turn on something on the tv I want to watch. I do this because she will not fall asleep very quickly if she is just laying there and tries to find other things to occupy her mind, which usually causes trouble. I do school while little bit is napping. Today I was going over to one of our friends houses to cut out the pattern for a dress I want to make, but we decided to wait because we are not positive of the measurements and also it will be too cold to wear the dress by the time I have it finished. So I am waiting until the spring to start sewing it. After we came home, Izzy was awake and we played some games until her brother got there. Then she ran around the house pretending to be a puppy until her mom came. After her mom left, mom ran to get dad from work and we had dinner. While mom was making dinner, I decided to do one of my school assignments. We are supposed to do a kind act for someone in our family this week. It has to be something they need and not something they want though. My first thought was to clean and organize Caleb's room. This is what I am doing, but I did not realize how kind I was really being until I started. Unfortunately I will not be able to finish until morning because Misty is not feeling well and she likes sleeping on Caleb's bed. (By the way, I would highly appreciate prayers for Misty. She is really not being herself and I am really worried. I guess prayers for the family would be nice too, because she is a pretty old dog and we are all worried for her.) I know I spoil my dog way too much and could go into Caleb's room and clean, but why would I want to do that. The dog is just a good excuse not to do it. :) That is pretty much all that is going on in my life. Other than the book I got from the library is a music book that has a whole bunch of pop hits that I like a lot in it. It also has tips for each of the songs. I have not tried to play from it yet, but am really excited! Sorry this post was so long! I hope everyone has a good night/day! (depending on when you read this)

1 comment:

  1. You will make an excellent mother someday Khyrstyn, and yes, that is an extremely kind act you are doing. :)

    ReplyDelete