Sunday, June 23, 2013

Worldview Academy: Sunday

(I am going to address everyone by initials for everyone else's sake.) Sunday was really crazy! I had to leave from church and go home to let the puppy out before loading up the car to head to camp. After the hour and a half drive the sight of staffers jumping around in bright red shirts came into view. Excitement radiated through camp as we drove up and the staff unloaded the car. We went into the dorm lobby to check-in. I got my room key and headed up to my room. I ran into some of my friends on the way up the stairs and they helped me settle in to my room. On the way to my room I also met some of my friends from my small group last year. After checking in, I was given a fork. Yes, a fork. The goal of the game was to collect as many as you could as a small group. This required asking everyone who's small group they were in and if they were not in yours, take their fork. I got K's (a friend from last year) once, but I ended up giving it back so didn't each get half. :) I met A, S, and M from my small group last year while we were all walking around waiting for round-up. I did not meet anyone from my small group while playing the fork game. I did manage to get one other fork, but that was it. When we headed over to round-up I met one of my friend's friends from theater. At registration everyone is given a colored wrist band. They are either red, blue, green, or yellow. This determines what color team you are on. When we got to round-up they taught us the "Tally! Ho!!" call out. This is to how they get everyone's attention. The leader yells "Tally!!" and all of the students respond with "HO!!" as loud as we can yell. After responding, all of the students have to be silent and be paying attention to whoever is talking. Once everyone learned this, we split into our color teams and did some silly little challenges to earn points. We had to take as many of the desired objects to the center as possible and whichever team had the most of this object got the points. We did things like sunglasses, notebooks, Bibles, etc. I was on green team. I think we won one of these challenges, but I am not sure. After doing this several times, we split up to groups of boys and girls to be put in our small groups.  So I was in C's small group. She was really bubbly and happy. The rest of my small group consisted of S.G, S.D, G, B, D, and L. S.G is our leader's younger sister. S.D and G go to church together. We had small group time and played two truths and a lie. It is a game where you have to say two things true about yourself and then one thing that is not. I don't remember what I said, or what most of the other people said. I do remember that L almost got trampled by horses and B played with wolves. After that we went to orientation. They introduced us to everyone important then we headed to dinner. My small group ate together since it was our first meal as a group. After dinner we had our first lecture, "Intro to Worldview." Then we had hall meeting, which means the guys went and were told the rules in words a guy would understand and the girls were told the rules in a way a girl would understand. The girls learned fun facts about each of the leaders and then we talked a little bit and then sang a song. Then we went to t-time. T-time is the time we get to spend as a small group and just be silly. This time is very important because we are really serious most of the day, and then we get some time that we don't have to worry about being mature or following particular rules. :) There still are rules, but they are not as strict. My leader plays guitar, so she played and the group sang several songs. It was a lot of fun!! Sitting on the sidewalk outside the dorms and singing at the top of our lungs to worship songs is a great way to bond, especially for my group. After t-time we were sent to bed. Overall, it was a marvelous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment